OVERVIEW OF SUDANESE-CANADIAN ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA
SCAO is non-for profit organization registered under Corporations Directorate of undustry Canada with # (424342-1-M) as a social activities community based with a membership open to all Sudanese & their spouses, landed immigrants, refugees and students who residing in the NCR who believes in and work towards the following objectives of SCAO:
- Ppromote and preserve the various Sudanese languages, dialects, cultures, heritage and pass it on to the new generations and the Canadian society at large.
- Establish and enhance social relations among Sudanese Canadians, immigrants, refugees and students living in NCR.
- Provide social services for members and their families.
- Enhance a better understanding of Canadian society, laws and services for a better social integration.
- Provide diverse social assistance and services to new immigrants, refugees and students and put them in touch with other Sudanese-Canadian families.
On July 27, 2002. A set of principals were adopted, By-laws were endorsed and the first Board of Directors was elected by a group of Sudanese women, men and youth in the NCR.
Many thanks go to the seven members of the first Board of Directors, whose term just ended, for shouldering the start up and brought many Sudanese together under one roof. You will find the names of the Board members further on this page.
Transitional Committee that prepared the bylaws proposal, guidelines
and paved the road for the first general annual meeting:
- Nahid Alawad
- Selma Hassan
- Awatif Alshibli - Mona Alguzuli
- Samah Mohamed Bashir
- Gihad abunafeesa
- Hamid Bushra Hamid
- Mohamed Bashir
- Khalid almahadi
- While Abunafeesa
First SCAO's Executive Office for 2002/2003
- Dr. Abdel galeel Almaki Presedent
- Abdelgadir Abuelgasim Vice President
- Mustafa Mudathir Secretary
- Ochalamoi Charles Treasurer
- Dalal Mohamed Khalifa Coordinator of Youth Activities
- Yousif Algundi Coordinator of Social and Cultural Activities
Second SCAO's Executive Office for 2003/2004
- Galal Ali President
- Ochalamoi Charles Vice president
- Mohamed Bashir Secretary
- Nahid Alawad Coordinator Cultural Activities
- Mohamed Khalifa Treasurer & Coordinator Social Activities
- Mohamed basher Coordinator Social Activities
- Badreldin Ahmed Coordinator Youth Activities
- Abdelwahab gabani Treasurer
Third SCAO's Executive Office for 2004/2005
- Abdelgadir Abbas president (took over the presidency on Dec. 04)
- Annas Idries Secretary
- Nashwa Alamier Coordinator Cultural Activities
- Hamid Ayoub Coordinator Social Activities
- Tamadur Habib-Allaha Coordinator (resigned at the begining of the term)
- Osman Mahmoud i Treasurer
Fourth SCAO's Executive Office for 2005/2006
- Galal Ali President
- Nahid Alawad Vice president
- Hamid Bushra Secretary
- Selma Hassan Coordinator Cultural Activities
- Mohamed Bashir Public relation & outreach (resigned for personal reasons August 2006)
- Hafiz Elsadig Coordinator Youth Activities
- Hamid Ayoub Coordinator Cultural Activities
- Mohamed Khalifa Treasurer
First SCAO's Executive Office for 2006/2007
First SCAO's Executive Office for 2007/2008
First SCAO's Executive Office for 2008/2009